Smoke brings out the natural flavor of shrimp. With this grill cooked smoked shrimp recipe, you get both healthful eating and great flavor. The lemon, garlic, and parsley marinade really kicks up the flavor a notch or two.
- 1 ½ pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- In a large, non-reactive bowl, stir together the olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, and black pepper. Season with crushed red pepper, if desired. Add shrimp, and toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your grill to high heat.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Place the shrimp skewers on the grill grates.
- Grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until opaque.