Garlic grilled shrimp skewers are what summer is all about. Savory, sweet, with plenty of heat - this grilled shrimp recipe has it all. It’s easy to make yet flavorful enough to serve at your next party.
- 1 pound large shrimp
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper, adjust to spice preference
- Add the olive oil, herbs, and spices to a small mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Place the shrimp in a bowl and pour 3/4 of the marinade on top of the shrimp. Mix together gently to coat the shrimp evenly.
- Cover the bowl and marinate the shrimp for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Thread the shrimp on the skewers and make sure to get all the good garlic and herbs from the bowl and spread onto the shrimp.
- Heat a grill on medium high heat.
- Once the grill is hot, arrange the shrimp skewers on the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes perside, or until they turn pink and opaque.
- Remove the shrimp skewers to a plate and spoon the remaining marinade on top before serving.